What is the SSDT Dev Pack
It is basically a collection of tools that I find make developing in for SQL Server in SSDT better or easier. I will never have the time on my own to do as much for t-sql that resharper does for t-sql but this is a start and maybe someone will invest in tools for t-sql developers at some point :)
The general idea is that if I want to do something and can make it re-usable then I will add it here. If anyone has any ideas for a tool that they would find useful please feel free to fork it on github and add it, or send me the details and if I have time and I think it is useful I will add it in myself.
What tools are they?
The first one is MergeUi which basically (as you might imagine) puts a gui around merger statements in post deployment scripts to make it simple to deploy static or reference data with an SSDT project.
There is also currently the ability to:
- Re-write unnamed primary keys into named table constraints
- Create tSQLt schemas (classes) including the extended property everyone always forgets :)
- Take a stored procedure or tvf and create a tSQLt test for it including faking every take in the procedure and creating the parameters needed for the procedure and calling it
- When developing a stored procedure (or tvf) configure a connection to a database with realistic statistics and have high costing queries hightlighted so it is easy to see queries that will cause issues (not a 100% catch all obviously)
- Show code coverage of stored procedures and functions - either get an overview of coverage or highlight covered statements
How much does it cost?
I've only one thing to say about that, open source baby! Obviously this is all free and OSS, I publish it with an MIT license but if you want another one just ask and you can have it.
Where can I download it from?
Where can I report a bug / ask for help?
Contact ed (ed "funny a in a circle sign" agilesql.co.uk) or there is a gitter chatroom you can go to: